Pillsbury Breakfast Blossoms
I thought I had a top 100 idea with this one, but I'm crying in my crescent dough because it wasn't chosen. It only has 5 ingredients and is easy, yet impressive, to make. It has a Mexican Churro taste. I hope you like it!
1-8 ounce roll Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1/4 cup Smucker's Cherry Preserves
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour the sugar on a large plate. Mix in the cinnamon. Set aside for later use. Melt the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Set aside for later use.
2) On a large cutting board, unroll the crescent dough horizontally. Press the seams together. Cut the dough into six 2 inch wide strips.
3) Dip both sides of each dough strip in the warm, melted butter. Dip both sides of the buttered dough strip in the cinnamon sugar.
4) Cut both ends of the coated dough strips into 1/4 inch wide fringe, leaving the middle 2 inch portion intact.
5) Gather the uncut section and squeeze dough together. Lay the dough on a nonstick cookie sheet. Arrange the fringe/petals. Using your thumb or the back of a melon baller, make an indentation in the middle of the blossom. Place an equally divided portion of the cherry preserves into the indentation. Repeat for the remaining 5 dough pieces.
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Allow the Breakfast Blossoms to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a large spatula.
Makes 6 Breakfast Blossoms.