Shortcut French Coffee Cake
- 1-8 ounce Crescent Roll Dough
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white large egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Add the pecans and raisins to the mixture and stir. Set aside for later use.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg white until stiff peaks form. Unroll the crescent dough horizontally on a cutting board. Spread the stiff egg white on top of the dough. Sprinkle the sugar/pecan mixture evenly on top.
- Roll into a long, jelly roll shape. Spray a standard, round cake pan with oil. Lay the coffee cake roll in a crescent-shape in the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- While the coffee cake is baking, combine the powdered sugar, milk and
almond extract for the icing in a small bowl. Drizzle the icing over the baked
coffee cake while it is still warm. Yield: serves 4
Notes:We always have this coffee cake for Christmas morning breakfast/brunch, but it's good anytime.