Microwave Mexican Risotto
Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 37 minutes | Total time: 47 minutes | Servings: 6
- 1- 10 ounce tub Philadelphia Cooking Creme-Santa Fe Blend
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup(s) of rice (standard, not arborio)
- 3 1/2 cup(s) of chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) of onion, diced
- 1 , seeded and diced (not a very, spicy pepper)
- 1 cup(s) of frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- In a large, microwave-safe, uncovered dish (ie-a 10x10x2 casserole), cook the butter and oil for 2 minutes on high. (This was cooked in a 700 Watt microwave.)
- Add the onion and stir. Cook for 3 minutes on high.
- Stir in rice to coat and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the broth and the diced poblano pepper to the rice and cook on high for 18 minutes.
- Stir the rice, and add the corn and half (5 ounces) of the Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme. Combine well and cook for 5 minutes on high. Stir the rice mixture (this is the point where you can stir in cooked, leftover meat) and cook for the final 5 minutes on high.