Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My WINNING RECIPE: Easy Buffalo Chicken Quiche

I just got back from the Georgia Egg Commission Cook-Off. I took second place-SWEET! I am tickled pink about it too. I'll provide the link to the Egg Commission's web site later. Here is my very affordable, easy-to-prepare quiche recipe for you try.

Easy Buffalo Chicken Quiche

Ingredients:
Cooking Spray
2-5 ounce cans chicken breast, drained
1 small onion, diced
1-3 ounce package cream cheese, cubed in small pieces
1 cup sharp, cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup baking mix-like Bisquick
1/2 cup hot sauce-like Texas Pete
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a standard pie pan with the cooking spray. Mix the chicken, cubed cream cheese, onion and shredded cheddar in the pie pan. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, baking mix, hot sauce and salt for about one minute with a hand-mixer or until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pie pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 4-6

1 comment:

  1. This is VERY yummy! (Even with a little less of the hot sauce.)

    ReplyDelete