Monday, October 25, 2010

Baked Ranch-Parmesan Chicken

Ranch and Parmesan.....what's not to like?  I make my own budget, panko breadcrumbs for this recipe. Just throw some Rice Crispies in a food processor, or put them in a large, storage bag and smash away. I like my chicken to stay crispy on both sides, so I put a cake, cooling rack on the baking pan to keep it elevated during cooking. Also, I use "parmesan regularo". Yep-the affordable kind in the shaker. This chicken is succulent and delicious every time.

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 and 1/4 cup prepared Ranch dressing
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set the oven rack to the lowest position. Spray a cooking sheet with edges and place the grid/cooling rack on top. In a shallow bowl, mix the panko, parmesan and spices. Pour the dressing in a shallow bowl, and dip the chicken in the ranch dressing on both sides. Coat the chicken in the panko mixture. Place the coated chicken on the grid/cooling rack. Lightly drizzle the melted butter over each chicken breast. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the juices run clear.

1 comment:

  1. The whole Panko from cereal thing has blown my mind a little bit. Last night I made pork chops and I was a little sad that I only had standard American breadcrumbs in the cabinet and no panko, but I really didn't want to go out and buy any! We just don't use them very often so I usually just make my own if I need them.

    ReplyDelete