Monday, October 18, 2010

Swai? -New Low $$$ Fish

I've noticed that Kroger and WalMart are selling a new, lower cost fish. It's called Swai (rhymes with "why") that is imported from Vietnam. I usually see it selling for $2.00 to $2.99 per pound. Of course, I had to try it. It is unbelievably good! It's thicker than talapia, but it's a nice mild fish. It's a little flakier than talapia, but it still grilled well on a piece of foil with slits. Here's the incredibly, easy recipe that I came up with.

Tasty Swai

Ingredients:
1 pound of Swai Fish
1 McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Grinder (WAY better than powder)
1 teaspoon olive oil

Directions,
Preheat your grill or grill pan. Rub the fish with the oil on both sides. Season liberally with the seasoning. Cook about 5 minutes per side. That's it! Time to eat!

1 comment:

  1. I adore swai and my kids think it's terrific. I butter poach it and serve with flecks of chopped chives and a little salt. Glad to see someone else is coming around to it!

    Kim Foster
    www.TheYummyMummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete